Google has already announced Android 12 at its developer conference. While the new mobile OS is due to arrive later this year, you can get Android 12 Beta 1 on a number of phones right now. In this article, we’ll show you how to download and install a new version of Android if you want to see a new design and try out the latest features.
Google sometimes limits the Android beta to its own Pixel phones, but this year you can get Android 12 Beta 1 on various other devices like OnePlus, Asus, Xiaomi, etc. The method is slightly different, but we’ll explain how to get new mobile OS on any compatible phone and which devices support this beta.
Warning: As the software may contain bugs, we do not recommend downloading it to your primary mobile phone. Early reports show Android 12 Beta 1 runs well on Pixel phones, but some OnePlus and Xiaomi users are having issues.
Which phones can run Android 12 Beta 1?
To get started, we suggest that you familiarize yourself with the full list of smartphones that can receive Android 12 Beta 1.
- Pixel 3
- Pixel 3 XL
- Pixel 3a
- Pixel 3a XL
- Pixel 4
- Pixel 4 XL
- Pixel 4a
- Pixel 4a (5G)
- Pixel 5
- Asus ZenFone 8
- OnePlus 9/9 Pro
- Oppo Find X3 Pro
- Realme gt
- Sharp (coming soon)
- Tecno Camon 17
- TCL 20 Pro 5G
- Vivo iQOO 7 Legend
- Xiaomi Mi 11, Mi 11 Ultra, Mi 11i and Mi 11X Pro
- ZTE Axon 30 Ultra 5G
How to get Android 12 beta on Pixel phones
As you’d expect, Pixel phones are at the top of the line to get Android 12, and getting the beta version on these smartphones is easy. Follow these steps and the new beta will be downloaded and installed in no time.
- Head over to the Pixel Android Beta Testing site , making sure you’re signed in to your Google Account.
- Scroll down to Your Eligible Devices.
- Select “Agree” on the device on which you want to install Android 12.
- Read the terms and conditions, check the appropriate boxes and click “Confirm & Register”.
- On your phone, go to Settings> System> Advanced> System Update. Then check for updates.
If you ever want to opt out, simply go to the Android Beta Program website and select Opt Out under Your Eligible Devices.
How to get Android 12 beta on other compatible smartphones
As mentioned earlier, this method is slightly different for Google partner phones. In general, you need to go to the manufacturer’s website to get the beta.
- Go to the Android beta web page .
- Scroll down and select your mobile phone brand.
- Follow specific instructions to get early access to Android 12 Beta OS.
This way you can get Android 12 Beta on your mobile phone (if it is compatible) and become one of the first to try all the latest features of this mobile operating system.